Now that I have verified my project with my teacher, I can get started. I decided to construct the model of Gallus gallus, or chicken, liver catalase. Although the PDB seems to have plenty of structures for other species, the humble chicken, which is absent, is significant because of the fact that chicken liver was used for a catalase experiment. Because I plan to build a moderately functioning model (out of paper, no less), I will be testing out smaller, less complicated enzymes. Anything done for Knowledge! can eventually be excused.
After alignment and checking, the structures are similar enough that the average non-interested lay person would not notice if I simply built bovine liver catalase. However, the alignment and verification are very interesting components, and that is why I must do them. As with any project, there will be no cheating.